Hello there! I'm Amy, and this is where I'll be writing about my life as a mom. My fiancee and I are expecting a baby boy in February, and we are over the moon about it! In the meantime, we've got lots and lots of decisions to make, lots of preparation to do, and I've still got quite a bit of growing to do, too.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Things people don't tell you about being pregnant....

Ok, so when I first found out I was pregnant, people started warning me bout all kinds of things: pregnancy brain (I feel like a moron most of the time), morning sickness (soooo lucky I didn't have any), acne, backne, stretch marks, swollen feet, food cravings, gas, you name it. BUT there have been a few things no on warned me about! I warn you, I'm about to talk about boobs and vaginas and butt holes, if you don't want to know, don't read!

1. My swollen arm pit. Apparently, when I was in puberty, not all of the breast tissue descended from my right arm pit to my breast. The little bit of tissue that was left up there has swollen with the rest of my breast tissue, causing some discomfort, especially when I wear a shirt that's a little too tight in the pit area. According to my OBGYN, this is not common but not uncommon....

2. The other day, I had this awkward pain just under my sternum and a little to the right. So I pushed down on it and it felt like something was pushing on my vagina from the inside. Not pleasant.

3. Sometimes, when my little one wiggles around in there, I can feel it in strange places, like my butt hole. Gross. Thanks moms for warning me about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment